If you use AT&T as the phone and internet provider, you should check out the ATT Universal Card. It is offered by Citibank and it earns points on all the purchases. You also earn bonus points for the money spent at AT&T. It is an opportunity to earn free merchandise and cashback when you pay the company’s phone and internet bill. The card is targeted at AT&T customers and offers points on online retail websites and travel. You receive 2 Thank You points for one dollar spent in the bonus categories and 1 ThankYou point for one dollar on all other purchases.
Quick glance at ATT Universal Card
- 2 points for a dollar spent on travel websites, airline and hotel websites, and online travel agencies.
- 1 ThankYou point for one dollar on other purchases.
- 2 ThankYou points for one dollar spent on products or services bought directly from AT&T.
- No annual fee
- 2 ThankYou points for a dollar spent on eligible purchases including warehouse store websites, department store websites, boutique websites, and specialty store websites.
- Earn 10,000 bonus ThankYou points for $1,000 in purchases within a period of three months of account opening.
- There is a variable APR between 13.99% to 22.99% on balance transfers and purchases.
- APR on cash advances is 25.24%
- There is a grace period of 23 days.
- Zero annual fees.
- You can choose the payment due date.
- Earn points per dollar spent.
- The card is compatible with Apple Pay, mobile wallets, and Google Pay.
- Enjoy a 10,000 ThankYou point welcome bonus after you make $1.000 worth of purchases in 3 months of account opening.
- No annual fee.
- Contactless payment.
- The bonuses for each category could be more generous
- There are no premium features like mobile phone protection.
- The introductory APR period is relatively short.
- No sign up bonus besides the introductory APR
- The points expire after 3 years
- 100,000 maximum annual points
- There are no bonus points for internet and phone purchases made outside AT&T
The ThankYou points are transferable and flexible. You can redeem them for awards from gift cards to merchandise, travel, and more. A lot of users of ThankYou points redeem the points for cash back statement credits or gift cards. The Citi ThankYou points can be redeemed for cash rewards that start in increments of $50. You can also redeem gift cards at different retailers and restaurants. The redemptions start at 1,000 ThankYou points for a $10 gift card.
Other benefits of ATT Universal card
- No liability for unauthorized charges: With the Citi card, you will not be responsible for any charges that you did not authorize.
- Citi Entertainment: You get special access to buy tickets to events and dining experiences with Citi.
- Set your payment due date: You can choose any available due date to make the bill payment.
- Contactless payment: The card has an RFID chip that allows you to pay conveniently at capable payment terminals.
How the card stacks up
The ATT Universal Card is ideal if the business uses AT&T for phone and wireless services. You enjoy a good bonus for the purchases and a strong rate of return on regular purchases. Individuals who do not use AT&T may want to compare the cards to see which one fits the needs. You should also consider how often you use the services of online travel agencies, hotel websites, and department store websites before you make a decision.
If you are looking for a card with a 0% introductory APR, you should look at other options because you only get 6 months for the introductory rate. After this period ends, there is a variable interest rate of 14.24%. Since there are no fees to use the card, it is easy to earn cash back and free travel rewards on the purchases. The card has a cap of 100,000 points in a calendar year and they expire after 3 years so if you think that you might exceed the cap, you should consider other business cards.